Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4 P.M. EST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11 A.M. EST. (no earlier check-ins except with verbal permission of owner). This agreement does not create a tenancy or residence. You must depart at the appropriate time..
2. This is a NON-SMOKING unit with NO SMOKING or VAPING allowed inside the Property whatsoever. Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE ONLY. Please properly dispose of cold cigarette/cigar butts, filters wrapped in the trash. ANY violation of this provision will result in automatic forfeiture of the Security Deposit.
3. The Property is privately owned and the Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur during the Lease Term. The Owner is also not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Tenant or its guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Tenants and guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the Property or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PROHIBITIONS- Neither Tenants or their guests shall:
a. Install any equipment or appliances that, in Owner’s opinion, cause an unsafe condition on the Property.
b. Accumulate refuse on or around Property that might pose a health hazard to Tenant or Tenant’s neighbors.
c. Allow any activity on or around the Property that would result in an increase in fire insurance premiums for the Property.
d. PLEASE: NO bonfires, campfires, chimineas, fire rings or fire pits to be used at this property, nor the setting off of fireworks.
e. Permit any flammable liquids or explosives to be kept on or around Property.
f. Permit on the Property any act that would injure Owner’s reputation or interfere with the rights or the quiet enjoyment of other persons.
g. Change or install any locks on the Property or in the building where the Property is located without written consent of the owner.
h. Bring any water beds, floor safes, or other heavy objects on the Property.
i. Unlawfully manufacture, deliver, possess with intent to deliver, or possess any controlled substance on the leased Property or
j. Permit any laws to be violated on the Property.
7. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests is limited to eight (8) persons.
9. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. If a rental is taken for less than two (2) days, the guest will be charged the two (2) day rate.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES- Rates include a one-time linen/towel set-up. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
11. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE- While linens and bath towels are included in the unit; there is no daily maid service available. There is a washer and dryer and electric dishwasher for guest use.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS- Any reservations obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
13. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS- Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
14. PET ADDENDUM - Pets are permitted only with prior agreement of Owner and Renter has indicated acknowledgement and agreement with Pet Addendum upon booking. No other pets or animals other than those specified with owner are allowed on the property at any time and violation of this agreement will result in automatic forfeiture of Security Deposit.
a. Dogs are to be kept LEASHED at ALL times while on Property, in consideration of neighbors, their yards and pets and for the safety of the Tenant’s dog.
b. Solid pet waste on Property is to be wrapped and disposed of in the blue wheeled trash receptacle in the garage.
c. Renter is responsible for all damages done by their pet.
When requesting a booking, you will be sent a Rental Confirmation and the Vacation Rental Lease Agreement w/Rules to sign and send back with your deposit and initial rent payment. (Keep copies of signed documents for your records.)
receipt of your final payment
you will be sent directions,
an arrival policy, departure
information and emergency information.
Please feel free to contact
us directly with any questions or concerns.
By following the above rules, you will help us keep our rates reasonable and allow us to continue renting the property. This is our second home - we want to be able to share it and the magnificent river access with you and your family.
Skip and Kathy
Grayling, Michigan 49738
Copyright © 2021, Manistee River Retreat.
All rights reserved.